Twenty for 2020
Updated: Jan 2, 2020
Thoughts, lessons, and revelations as we walk into 2020...
2019 was a year of self discovery in all aspects. I tried to sum it up in one word, but that's impossible. So here we go, my twenty thoughts that I want to share with you as we take on 2020.
1. Trying to control things adds unnecessary stress to your life.
2. Love is more than words and actions. It's commitment to the known and unknown, and the will to be loyal throughout the process.
3. Everyone doesn't deserve you. Period.
4. Stay ready so you don't have to get ready.
5. God gave you gifts for a reason and to sit on them is simply selfish.
6. It doesn't have to be perfect, it will never be perfect, and that's okay. Do it anyway.
7. Being a nice person and a good person are two different things.
8. No one owes you anything at all. Go get it.
9. Don't subscribe to people and things that don't serve you. They will drain you.
10. You must be your biggest fan. Your claps for yourself should be the loudest.
11. Not one person can truly validate you. That's between you and God.
12. Hurt people hurt people. Use your discernment to dodge those bullets.
13. You must truly love yourself before you can love someone else. Truly.
14. When you look good, you feel good.
15. Choose people that choose you. Those who are supposed to be around, will be.
16. Your job/career is just that. The title does not define you, but your work ethic does.
17. Therapy is everything you didn't know you needed.
18. Health is wealth. You only get one body, take care of it.
19. Trust God, trust the process, and trust yourself.
20. God is love and when you truly realize his love for you, your whole life will change.
Throughout the next few weeks I'll dive deeper into each thought, elaborate, and provide insight from other women as well. Thank you again for joining me on this journey.
#RTS Year 2020 is completely up to you. If you do the same thing, you'll get the same results. Let's be different this year ladies... let's get it.